we have a full professorship for HCI at Center for Human-Computer Interaction (University of Salzburg, also affiliated with the Department for Computer Science) open.
* Application closing date: 17th July 2019
* Start: at the earliest opportunity
* Duration: limited-term for 5 years
The position is financed by the Provincial Government of Salzburg. The holder of this endowed professorship will possess an excellent track record within the scientific field of Human-Computer Interaction and is able to demonstrate the ability to successfully attract, execute and manage externally sponsored research projects. Furthermore, substantial experience in the education and supervision of students in HCI is desired for this position.
Research fields (but not limited to): Interaction Design, Future Interface Paradigms, Interface Engineering, Intelligent Interfaces, User Experience Research, Contextual Interaction
Teaching: various HCI courses for the new established Master in HCI and within the HCI focused doctoral programme
- Adequate university degree (doctorate)
- International qualification to teach the pertinent subject matter at a university (venia docendi, venia legend) or a comparable qualification
- Excellent and internationally renowned research within HCI or adequate subareas
- Possess a strong International network
- Experience in the procurement and administration of funded projects and/or cooperation with international businesses and scientific institutions
- Teaching experience and didactic qualification
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Manfred Tscheligi (office(at)hci.sbg.ac.at) or myself alexander.meschtscherjakov(at)sbg.ac.at
Please send your application until until 17.07.2019 to the Paris-Lodron-University of Salzburg: bewerbung(at)sbg.ac.at
For more details and application information see https://hci.sbg.ac.at/professorship-in-hci